Please visit our website on a desktop for detailed information on this restoration.
Pulaski County Courthouse
Click thumbnail for full view
As the seat of government in Arkansas’ most populous county, the Pulaski County Courthouse has stood the test of time, but not without help from Soos Stained Glass. The newest part of the structure was completed in 1914 and features a three-story great steel-ribbed dome with opalescent stained glass on the interior. After more than 175 years, the dome needed attention.
Covered by years of pollution, dulled by grime, the dome no longer provided a bright greeting to courthouse visitors. The copper structure of the exterior skylight had deteriorated and it was completely replaced with an all new copper structure. All wire-glass exterior glazing was replaced. Soos cleaned the upper surface of the dome to allow it to once again shine, letting the light in. Now, visitors to the courthouse see an illuminated hall of justice awaiting them as they ascend to the courtrooms located below the magnificent dome.